RECYCLING SHADE SAILS
Sail Shade World has always been conscious of our environmental footprint, obviously we have some energy consumption but we try to do our best to help.
Since starting this company in 2006 our positive contributions are:
- Our shade sails can be recycled
- Not one piece of paper printed
- Not one letter mailed
- All financial transaction and banking are done online
- Never driven, flown or traveled to see a customer
- Our servers are powered by clean energy
We purchase our shade cloth from Gale Pacific because it has Oeko-Tex Standard 100 and Greenguard certification children and school certification.
- The Greenguard and Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certifications set stringent limits for products to achieve in several key areas such as:
- Limiting Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) content
- Lowering formaldehyde emissions
- Lowering lead and phthalate content
Greenguard and Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification provides the market with solutions and resources to ensure healthier environments. It also provides manufacturers with credible tools to legitimise and promote their sustainability efforts.
Unlike commercial textiles such as PVC, polypropylene (PP) and polyethylene (PE) products such as ours are fully recyclable, however they are usually consigned to expensive and unsustainable landfill at end-of-life.
IF YOU, OR YOUR CUSTOMERS, WISH TO HELP THE ENVIRONMENT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR END-OF-USE RECYCLE LOOP!
END-OF-USE RECYCLE LOOP EXPLAINED.
- When you order a shade sail from us you will be given the option to purchase a refundable RECYCLE CREDIT - this will be 10% of the cost of the sail.
- At the end of the useful life of your shade sail (should be in the 15 year range) you send an email to our recycle credit department.
- You will be notified of our nearest consolidation point where you can send the shade sail.
- Once the used sail has been received you will then be eligible to either receive the refund on the RECYCLE CREDIT or a credit to your next shade sail - your choice.
- Your old shade sail will be turned back into raw material for use in making further recyclable products.